Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Review: Sekai Nail and Beauty Bar

I've visited Sekai a handful of times and have always had a fantastic experience, but it wasn't until I had a terrible experience elsewhere that I felt I should write a small review. Without going into too much detail about my shellac mani pedi from hell at an unnamed nail salon outside of the city, let's just say it took multiple soakings to get the shellac off my nails. It was as if it had fused to my nail. The shellac job itself was uneven, had bubbles in the polish, and under black lights (which I conveniently work under all the time) it looked like a child's paint project. Needless to say, I was unimpressed and upon complaining, was basically told there wasn't much they could do.

my first shellac mani done at Sekai
Anyways, I had gone to Sekai once before this incident and was SO happy with how my nails turned out. I had originally gone to this Queen West nail shop for a regular mani pedi and was referred to getting the shellac polish after mentioning that my nails kept chipping and that my polish wasn't lasting on my stiletto shaped nails. The whole process was perfect. Upon arrival the ladies at the desk sat me down with a cup of tea, took my jacket, made sure I was comfortable and tended to me as soon as they were able. The white decor and chic designs added to the pleasant atmosphere.

my New Years chrome shellac mani done at Sekai
Because it went so well, I've gone back to Sekai almost every time I'm back in Toronto. The shellac lasts beautifully for about 3 weeks which makes it WELL worth the upgrade from regular polish. I refuse to deal with anymore nightmare nail jobs and am confident that I'll be happy every time I leave the doors of Sekai. For anyone in the downtown core looking for a mani pedi, or interested in checking out their hair removal services, blowouts, facials, or RMT and relaxation massages, stop by and see the ladies at Sekai. They'll take care of you. I know I'll be back soon to get my nails done before Jamaica!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment