Monday, March 25, 2013

Mascara Review: Maybelline's the ROCKET Volum'Express

**image from walmart.com
A few weeks ago I had entered Maybelline's Rocket Contest to win passes to Toronto Fashion Week. While I didn't win the passes, I at least won one of their new ROCKET Volum'Express mascaras. Since I don't generally stray from my go-to mascara, Maybelline's Great Lash BIG (pink container, green lid), I was pretty excited to try something new.

I received my mascara in the mail 5 days ago, and I must say, I'm having a love-hate relationship with this product. The dark dramatic black is perfect and with the first coat, it begins to look pretty good on my lashes. I generally like to wear two coats though, and when I do that with this mascara it becomes very difficult to make my lashes even. It instantly starts to clump so I find myself going over my lashes over and over and over again to try and even it out. This just makes it worse. When I'm finally done my eyelashes look very thick and dark, but up close they still look a bit uneven and clumpy. I'm not completely dissatisfied with how my eyes and lashes look with this mascara, but I definitely will be finding an alternative after this one runs out, or returning to my regular.

Overall I'd give the ROCKET Volum'Express mascara a 3/5. I'm not loving it because of the clumping, but not hating it because my lashes still look thick and dramatic. Perhaps because my lashes are long this formula is just not suited to me. If I find a better fit, I'll definitely be sure to share it!

No comments:

Post a Comment