Saturday, January 26, 2013

NOMS! Chicken Tortilla Soup

I hadn't thought of writing about food on my blog, but because I love food so much, it only makes sense to share this love from time to time. Now I'm not much of a cook, but when I find a recipe I'd like, I get more than excited and can't wait to try it out.

Today I decided to search allrecipes.com for something to make my tastebuds dance and happened across "Chicken Tortilla Soup." I LOVE mexican flavours and was feeling the soup vibe on this cold winter day so I went to the grocery store and picked up ingredients. Not only is this easy and quick to make, but it smells absolutely delicious and tastes simply DIVINE, which is why I'm sharing it with you. If you're a fan of soup and spice and Mexican flare, this recipe is a definite must-try. Give it a go, and let me know what you think!

Ingredients (for 6 servings)
- 1 cup chopped onion (I used red)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast mean, cubed
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- shredded Mexican cheese
- fresh cilantro (optional)


Directions

  1. Combine onion, chicken broth, tomatoes, and taco seasoning in a large sauce pan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in chicken; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until chicken is no longer pink, 4 to 6 minutes. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth; gradually stir into soup.
  2. Bring soup to a boil over medium-high heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 1 minute. Top with Mexican cheese and cilantro, and serve with tortilla chips if desired :)










**taken directly from allrecipes.com

BON APPETIT! 

<3



No comments:

Post a Comment